Sunday, July 4, 2010

Let's celebrate this country!

I think of two things whenever the 4th of July comes around: grade school and Bruce Springsteen. Let me explain. In grade school, we'd always start the day by standing up and placing our little hands over our hearts as we recited the Pledge of Allegiance. The principal would lead the entire school over the speaker system as each and every one of us proclaimed our love for this country. While I'm still very proud to be a part of this one nation under God, I haven't recited the Pledge in a very long time. When I'm feeling patriotic, as I am today, I tend to sing aloud to Bruce Springsteen instead.



I wish you all the best of days. Get out and enjoy the sunshine, and if you're headed to a party, make the best of it. Play ball with the kids, run around with sparklers, and consume whatever combination of blueberries and strawberries you can get your hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...