Friday, September 24, 2010

The High Heel-a-Thon

This week, hundreds of stilettos descended upon New York City for the Second Annual High Heel-a-Thon in Central Park. Have you heard of this event? All participants wear stilettos, rather than running shoes, as they make a mad dash for a finish line that's 150 yards from the starting line. The High Heel-a-Thon raises money for The National Institute of Health's The Heart Truth Campaign, which aims to inform women about the risk of heart disease. This event is the brainchild of Kelly Ripa, and yes—LIVE! with Regis and Kelly sponsors it. In case you missed this Wednesday's show, here is a complete recap.



Gotta love that finish! The entire concept is crazy, but I think it sounds like a tremendous amount of fun! If you know anything about me, you know that shoes are a big part of my life. At last count, I had over 60 pairs in my closet. (Ridiculous.) Had I entered the race, I would have had plenty of options. Like these bad boys. They are, quite possibly my favorite shoes. Despite the platforms and spikey heels, my feet stay snug like bugs inside a rug.

But I think I'll save these for special occasions, as my Adidas sneaks continue to keep me super comfortable during runs long and short.

Question: Would you participate in the Heel-a-Thon? What shoes would you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...