Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The intenSATI Workout (and little red dots)

The latest issue of SELF plugged the following workout:



The intenSATI method is apparently not a new method, but I'm clueless. I'm also wondering if I could make it through a class without feeling slightly embarrassed about the whole chanting-of-the-affirmations thing. Isn't that weird of me? Despite the communications degree, the twelve years of cheerleading and the fact that I teach fitness classes—there is something a little nerve-inducing about it. Which is totally NOT what an intenSATI class is all about. On the contrary, it's supposed to be freeing. Physically and mentally empowering, actually. "This practice leads participants to deliberately inform their subconscious mind with thoughts of success, well-being, love and faith while at the same time proactively creating a healthier and stronger physical body," reads the official intenSATI website. Perhaps it's something I'd have to just try out. At the very least, it looks like a fairly intense physical workout.

I've been crankin' on the abs in my own workouts. Tuesdays and Thursdays with cardio. I always jump on the ab straps, which are essentially harnesses for your arms. They're quite similar to those shown in the image at right. I tuck my knees up and/or to the side while keeping them bent or straight depending on the intensity I'm looking for. It really, truly clenches your entire abdominal group, though it does put some strain on your upper body. Ab straps aren't the most comfortable thing to hang from, but they get the job done so I endure. Apparently, I endured them a little bit too much today. It's the only explanation I can find for the following mystery.


See all those tiny little red dots?! What the heck?! It's obviously from my iPod armband, which looks like this:

I can only assume the ab straps created some sort of friction that my skin couldn't handle. Otherwise, I've been invaded by aliens of some sort because, seriously...WHAT THE HECK?! I had no pain whatsoever, didn't have a clue it even happened until I was having a conversation with someone and they pointed it out. Maybe I'll just get out a red marker and play connect-the-dots in an effort to rock a tribal tat until it heals. Or not. Who knows how many shades of red and purple it'll turn. Good thing I'm wearing a ton of longer sleeves these days.

With that, I'll leave you.

Question: Have you ever had any issues with your armband, that is...if you have one? And, what are your thoughts on intenSATI training? Would you participate?

REMINDER! Don't forget to enter my Fashletics giveaway! You just might win a hand-crafted running shoe necklace. (Contest ends at midnight EST on Friday, December 17, 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...