Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm naturally savvy.

How very pompous of me to make such a statement to you, dear reader. Am I right? You must think me to be extremely arrogant. Except those of you that know me understand that I strive to be anything but. I like to share my accomplishments, but I'd never throw them in your face. And never, ever would I wish to make you feel far less superior than I. Quite the opposite, actually. As a certified personal trainer (and as a good person), I strive to help people feel good about themselves. So let me rephrase the statement above: I am part of the Naturally Savvy community!

What is this community I speak of? Indeed, it's actually a website dedicated to natural, organic and green living. A resource for all things previously stated, and the people behind it feel as though my blog is a good fit for their site—they're going to feature my RSS feed on their news page! Naturally Savvy readers will now be able to read my blog, among others, right there on the Naturally Savvy website. I think that's fairly exciting! And if you're reading this because you've been linked by Naturally Savvy, to you I say one big and giant WELCOME! It's a pleasure to have you.

Now, let's talk "natural" and "organic" living. I think it's truly important to live as close to this way as possible. In this day and age, that can be an extreme challenge as our society as gotten very good at simulation. And imitation. Especially when it comes to our food supply. We are lucky to have such a great and abundant food supply, though somewhat unlucky at the same time because we've gotten away from Mother Nature's finest in so many ways. Our foods (and so many other products on the market) are filled with inorganic, unnatural ingredients—ingredients we can only hope aren't causing too much long term damage. Despite the fact that article after article, study after study suggests otherwise. Yes, choosing organic and natural can mean forking over a bit more money that you'd like. But it can be worth it in the end, based on the evidence that continues to pour forth. Don't you think?

I don't live a completely organic and natural lifestyle (there, I've said it). But I certainly do my best to go the natural and organic route whenever possible. Like in the dairy or produce aisles. Or when I run out of shampoo, conditioner or face soap. (LOVE me some Burt's Bees and Aveeno.) Why not, right? Small steps can mean big changes down the line, and I'm all for that in every aspect of my life. Especially when it comes to fitness, as you know. Here's a fun way to spin it: It's totally natural for us humans to be active, so why lead an inactive lifestyle? Get movin' already! Never too late...it's never, ever too late.

And it's Friday. Oh, happy day.

Question: In what aspects do you lead a "naturally savvy" life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...