Thursday, November 3, 2011

Double Chocolate Cookie Dough Dip

According to the pregnancy countdown I've been following, I've got 64 days to go until my due date arrives. I'm fairly certain the upcoming holidays will make those days scream right on by me. Is that a good thing? I think (hope) so.

Moving on. There's something I need to confess: I love cookie dough. As in, I can't make a batch of cookies without licking the bowl. Or the beaters. A) This is unhealthy, and B) I might get worms from the raw eggs. (Your mom never told you that when you were growing up? It's not true. At least it doesn't appear to be.) Being pregnant, I obviously can't be consuming raw eggs, so every batch of cookies I make is essentially a self-torture device.

Tara Ann, do NOT dip that finger in the batter!

I know, I'm pathetic.

A few days ago, almost eight months into my no-dough streak, I found myself wasting time on Pinterest. And that's where I saved my crave. I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip. So I pinned it to my wall:

And then I made it.


Guys, my whole world flipped upside-down. Once you see the list of ingredients, you'll probably think it to be a disgusting concoction. And you may be slightly sick of candy because of Monday, but when you make this—Chocolate Covered Katie, you are amazing. And so is your dip! I will admit that my version was slightly different, so I'll provide my version of her recipe below.

I didn't have Katie's exact ingredients, so I had to adapt. For example, the recipe requires non-dairy milk, and I only had Blue Diamond's Dark Chocolate Almond Milk on hand. My nut butter was an almond butter that contained some added sugar, so I opted out of the brown sugar in favor of a lesser amount of added honey. I cut out some of the salt, too.

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH DIP
Source: Chocolate Covered Katie (although, I've made a few small changes)

Ingredients
• 1 can Garbanzo beans/chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 cup crunchy almond butter
• 1/4 cup dark chocolate almond milk
• 2 tbsp honey
• 3 tbsp old-fashioned oats
• 1/3 cup chocolate chips

Directions
Mash the beans in a food processor. Add each subsequent ingredient (except for the chips) one by one, processing after each addition until smooth. Spoon into a bowl, then mix in the chips. Serve with honey wheat pretzels.

Just try and stop eating it. It really, truly does taste like cookie dough! But it's obviously so much better for you. I imagine, with a little creativity on your part, you could figure out how to make your favorite cookies into this dip. Oatmeal Raising Cookie Dough Dip, anyone? I might try that next. And I think I'll give Katie's graham cracker suggestion a try, too.

Question: What kind of cookie dough do you like to sneak?

REMINDER! Don't forget to enter my giveaway! You just might win a variety pack of That's It bars! (Contest ends at midnight EST on Monday, November 7, 2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...