Friday, April 27, 2012

Two Running Songs

I am absolutely not meant to write on Thursdays. I've come to this conclusion. Life, man... But I'm here today. I'm writing to you, even though I'm doing so much later than I had hoped. You see, I put on my fancy shoes today and had lunch with a friend. Fancy shoes:

By "fancy," I obviously refer to any pair of shoes not suitable for use in a gym. I live in gym shoes, this you know, so I relish any opportunity to get out in a pair of shoes such as the one you see above. But in the grand scheme of things, these shoes aren't that important even though they're super cute. What's important is the fact that lunch is pretty much all that I accomplished today.

A certain missy pants wanted nothing, and I do mean absolutely nothing, to do with her afternoon nap today. I tend to get a lot done during afternoon naps. So what happened yesterday? Well, she slept. So I forced myself to take a brain break because there wasn't much to be done around the house and I just didn't feel like doing anything. Nothing! I never feel like this, like...ever. So I did the most brainless thing I could come up with—I watched two episodes of "Hart of Dixie" on Hulu. See? Brain break. And then I went for a run. (You didn't think I'd slack all day, did you?)

When you live in Michigan, especially if you live by the lake, you learn quickly that the wind can be very brutal. Maybe it blows over from Chicago, I don't know, but it certainly made my run so friggen' hard. And cold. Like, frostbite in April kinda cold. I only went out for a three-miler, but it felt like a forever-miler through the North Pole. So I ran fast:

I didn't think these stats were all that bad since I was running into the wind on the way out and up a few slight inclines on the way back. Maybe it was the "Move Shake Drop" remix I just downloaded. Booty music always makes me move. Or perhaps it was Florence and the Machine's "Dog Days"—yeah, it starts slow, but how motivating are the lyrics?

OK, sure. I will. And I did (see above).

And I will again this weekend when I go for another long run. I've got four miles on tap, after which things'll increase even more with the new week. Building, building...

Have a good Friday, everyone. Circuit Sculpt this morning left my abs feelin' kinda sore, which is a good thing. More on that tomorrow. After about four hours of trying to write this post up, I'm finally ready to hit the "Publish" button. Hooray!

Oh, wait. Don't forget to enter my giveaway. I've got one copy of Unjunk Your Junk Food that's looking for a new home. You know you want it.

Question: What song is really motivating you on your runs right now?



2 comments:

Kara_a_cullen said...

Love to run to Florence + The Machine!  My absolute go to song right now is "The Champ" by Nelly!  It's awesome!

adailydoseoffit said...

Nelly! Love him. I think I have a CD somewhere...used to listen to him all the time in college!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...