Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas is gone in a flash.

Well, there you have it. Christmas is gone in a flash, it seems. It was our first with Hannah, and although it lasted for almost an entire week between celebrations with both sides of the family and our own little family, it went by way too quickly. I feel like I didn't take enough pictures, like I didn't savor every second of every present she unwrapped, but really—I did. I took in every last second, cemented it within my brain so as not to forget her excitement. Her smiles. Her wide eyes at each and every new toy and outfit. Gosh, it just gets better and better with that little one. She's so big now, drinking real milk and semi-standing on her own without support. Walking is inevitably going to occur any day now. I can't hardly believe it. But I do, just like I believe in the spirit of Christmas—of course, that could be the cookies talking.

I won't even try to hide the fact that I overindulged.
This is all I wanted by the time we got home yesterday:

Salad, yogurt and granola. My go-to meal when I need to restart. Needless to say, we had a great holiday. I didn't spend an ounce of it blogging, as I'm sure you've noticed. I had to walk away...rather, I wanted to walk away. I didn't want to balance blogging and life. I wanted to enjoy life and all the moments and memories it brings at this time of year.

You understand, right?

But today, it's back at it...it's not like I'd stay away forever. Come now, you know me better. And while the workouts were sparse this past week, I did snag a run on Christmas Day. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you've probably already seen this cheesy proof:

I love me a good run in the cold. I find it crisp and refreshing. And, if I'm being totally honest, the prelude to an awesome shower. There's nothing like a hot shower after a cold run. Agree?

Anyway, I'm still digging out from all that needs to be taken care of post-holiday (like laundry, putting together new toys, catching up on the Internet). I worked this morning and the husband is sick as a dog on the couch, my girl is sleeping and here I sit. So I thought I'd quick share with you some of the fitness gifts that Santa sent my way. I'm super excited about all of them:

Bright is right! And when it comes to the socks and iTunes cards, let's be honest, who doesn't need more socks and tunes? As a fitness instructor, I can always use access to legally downloadable tunes. And as a Spinning instructor, well, check these out:


Speaking of "bright is right," eh? I am so in love with them! They fit perfectly, but they are still without clips, so I'll need to get those before I can actually take 'em for a ride. Seriously, you have no idea how excited I am about these.

But guess what? I'm not the only one that got new shoes:

Hannah got her first pair of Nikes. I mean, have you ever seen anything so cute? She's actually way decked out in Nike now:

Question: What fitness gifts did the man in red bring you this year?

4 comments:

Angela Knight said...

Hannah's new kicks are PRECIOUS!! :)

adailydoseoffit said...

They were a Christmas gift. I believe they came from a specialty sneaker shop, although I'm sure you can find kiddo Nikes just about anywhere. Try Zappos?!

Ryen said...

Where did you get those spin shoes?

rid man said...

vicodin dosage

vicodin dosages

vicodin dose

vicodin doses

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...