Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Musings

Around these parts, today is your standard run-of-the-mill Monday. Nothing too exciting and/or extraordinary is worth mentioning. We're just truckin' along so I thought I'd just share some random thoughts. Some "musings," if you will as per the title.

1) I'm so in love with my new page-a-day calendar. 
Not only is there something so satisfying about ripping off a new page each day, these pages happen to be visually stimulating and intellectually educating. Today's quote:

2) A new desk makes such a big difference.
We started working on the baby's bedroom, so everything in it got shifted down into the basement. Our basement bedroom now does double-duty as our home office, complete with a new desk from IKEA. It's much more spacious than our previous desk, and it makes all the difference in the world in terms of productivity. I have no idea why, really. Same computer, same chair...same reference materials. And yet, it's awesome and I love being down here. Except for this creeper behind me:

3) I'm going to Italy tonight with a virtual ride in Spinning class.

I didn't teach my 6:00AM Circuit Sculpt class this morning because I'm subbing the 6:00PM Spinning class. Hence, the no-makeup/no-shower look that I'm rocking. (The day would have been too long for this preggo had I done both.) We have a video system in our studio and a few different rides to choose from, and tonight, I'm taking my class to Italy—because Italy is the hardest ride (and I've never been to Italy so I like to live vicariously through the video). Here's a glimpse of what it's like:


4) I'm on a kale smoothie kick right now.
I'm still making mass effort to snack smartly, and ever since I broke out the blender for that kale and fruit smoothie the other day, it's all I've been craving around 3:00PM. Don't you love it when you crave healthy things? Because let's be honest, it's much easier to crave cookies. But anyway, this just happened:

Kale, banana, strawberry, peach, yogurt and milk smoothie. Go make it.

Question: Tell me something random about your Monday. Seriously, it can be anything! I love getting to know people through the random things they do, say, love, think or whatever!

5 comments:

Brienne Peers said...

Would love to take a spin class with a virtual ride through Italy! So cool!!

adailydoseoffit said...

It's pretty cool! Downside: I'm usually craving a gigantic bowl of pasta by the end of it. :-)

Karen :0) said...

Sounds like a good Monday to me! :0) My Monday was rather busy at work, but busy is good! That kale smoothie looks delicious...and a virtual ride through Italy? Yes, please!

Mandy Nester said...

Mondays are my day off (in addition to most Saturdays and every Sunday). Yesterday, I got to have a date with my husband and they came to get our old mobile home out of the way to make way for our new house. Yippee! You can see pics and read more on my blog. Also, check out my spin class routine I made up at 3 AM this morning - http://bcnicematters.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/tuesday-morning-insomnia/. My class really seemed to like, thankfully. Have a great week and thanks for the smoothie recipe! I have been craving them but haven't made one yet. I will have to try your recipe.

adailydoseoffit said...

Busy is so good! I'd rather be busy than bored!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...