Monday, April 21, 2014

Let's Get Personal: 11 Questions and Answers

So I've been nominated a few times for this thing called a "Liebster Award," which is essentially a high-five passed between bloggers. An "I like your blog" thing, if you will. I don't get a trophy or anything, not even a medal. It's really just one of those things that makes you smile. And I think that's entirely the purpose. Actually, I can't say that for sure as I have no idea who started the whole "Liebster" thing. But it's fun and it sheds some light on the blogger who gets it.

The basic gist: Whoever nominates me essentially passes along a series of questions, after which I'm supposed to nominate more bloggers and pass along new questions. Because time is of the essence right now and I couldn't possibly pick from all the blogs I read, I'm going to break that chain (I know, I suck…) and just answer all the questions that have been given to me (because that sounds like fun). So...thank you, Precious, for nominating me. High five to The Coily Bombshell!

And now, the questions (and my answers):

1) What is your favorite movie and why? 
Would it be totally obvious and boring if I said The Sound of Music? Because I seriously can't get enough. But I mean, everyone loves those hills. So I will also share this, my second favorite:



It's also my favorite book. (And I'm named after the plantation on which Scarlett O'Hara lived.)

2) Name something on your bucket list.
I would really love to run Disney. Specifically, the Disney Princess Half Marathon. But a girl from Michigan cannot so easily justify the expenses, so we shall see. I mean, we'll need to take the kids to Disney at some point, right?

3) How did you come up with your blog name? 



Flashback to an old blog header! My first, actually. I remember starting this blog and thinking that if I could inspire one person to make fitness a priority in some way every day, then I'd have created a successful blog. The pageviews certainly indicate that I'm reaching more than one person these days, and I can only hope all of those hits mean people are making fitness a priority with or without my help. A Daily Dose of Fit was hard to come up with. All the options! But the more I said it, looked at it, played with it...the more it felt right. And still, to this day, I love it.

4) Describe yourself in three words? 
Crazy. Sexy. Cool. Oh, wait. That's an old TLC album. "Don't go chasin' waterfalls..." You know it, right? So let's go with short, pregnant and happy. Or maybe...gosh, I don't know. This is a hard one.

5) What is your favorite way to stay fit? 

Running. The race recaps these days are killin' me because clearly my running game is not where it could be, but I'm looking forward to the day when I can lace up again knowing there's a race ahead of me. For now, I'll stay focused on this bun in the oven. And I'll do what I can to keep strength training, which is my other favorite way to stay fit.

6) If you could go back and visit any time period, what would it be and why? 
I'd go back to the latest season of Downton Abbey, because the fashion statements are just the coolest. A little bit old, a little bit on-the-verge. Society, too. Which would be fun to experience.

7) What is one thing you really like about yourself? 
I'm totally not afraid to NOT act my age. I'm 33, but get me around my sister and our cousins and we're usually the instigators that drop down to, like, age 10. But that's why I love my family, because the adults are just so cool like that. And it's not about being immature, but knowing how to let loose. And I love letting loose.

8) When I dance I look like… 
My college friends say I have this signature hip roll thing. I'm no Elaine from "Seinfeld," but I'm no Shakira, either. Ok, fine. I can move. I like to dance. Dance off? I'm in, but not if you're Shakira because you'd win. (Can I add "learn to belly dance" to #2 above?)

9) Where do you see yourself in five years? 
Well, I'll have two kids in school at that point. So hopefully, I'll be balancing life as a fitness professional with life as a mom who likes to help out in her kids' classrooms. (Wait, two kids? I need to get used to saying "the kids" because I still can't believe this is happening, and happening so soon now!)

10) Tea or coffee? 
Coffee. I'm not much of a hot tea person, but I do occasionally enjoy a nice, crisp glass of iced tea. But, yeah...coffee. Proven by the fact that I just hit Gold-card status at Starbucks. I'm still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

11) What's your favorite type of blog post to write and why?
I like to write posts like this. Posts that aren't necessarily about health or fitness. Sounds counter intuitive when I'm trying to build a place on the Internet that's totally devoted to health and fitness, but posts like that (like this) really shed light on the person behind the page, which I think is fun. It's a break from the norm, if you will.

Now, it's your turn...

Question: Answer one of the questions above!


2 comments:

Mandy Nester said...

My blog name (Because Nice Matters) came from a sign I had hanging on my wall that became my mantra. I bought that sign years ago on a trip to Ohio and I really believed what it said. Like you, I prefer coffee over hot tea, but I'm a southerner, so I love some sweet "iced tea" as you call. Around here, it's just "sweet tea." :)

adailydoseoffit said...

Love it, inspiration is everywhere. It's so funny how things are called by different names depending on where you are. Like "pop" and "soda."

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...