Saturday, August 23, 2014

I took the #icebucketchallenge to help #strikeoutals.

I ran five miles this morning in the heat and humidity which, as I'm sure you can imagine, left me less than fresh. So since I sweat my fair share of buckets while running, I decided to finally take the ice bucket challenge. My mother nominated me. Mostly because I laughed when she got nominated. And proceeded to pick on her when she hadn't yet dumped water on herself.

So, here:



Sorry, Lory. I got to you before Hannah could.
Meg: Represent. You always do. #SMC2003

And please, everyone go check out Shannon at Skinny Sometimes and Kelly at New Leaf WellnessThey're both pretty awesome.

As for you, whether or not you've been nominated, promise me this: Do your part to raise awareness. Do your part to help others live the lives they deserve. Whether you support the fight against ALS or another worthy initiative, remember that we all live this life together. So really, we're all family.

A dollar might not seem like much to you, but to some, it's the difference between happiness and struggle. And if you can't spare a single dollar, it's OK. Use your voice. Let it be heard. You never know who might be listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...